Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Objects in the rear view mirror may seem closer/further than it really is...

Was inspired by a looming deadline to name today's post as such...time flies so fast, it kinda caught me off guard. But all is good at the end of the day. *grin*

Looking back (yes it's something i'm quite fond of doing, you might have noticed by now) at the year(s) gone by, i'm glad to say that it's mostly been good. And even those not so good times, have been turned into lessons learnt and (hopefully) never repeated again.

It's strange how things you would have thought to be totally unsuitable for yourself several years ago, maybe the exact thing you desire at the moment (and vice-versa). So for that reason, never say never...you don't know when things may come back to haunt you :)

Personality wise, the years have been kind to me...am able to grow and mature (not fully, but getting there day by day). I'm much more vocal, brave, lucid/precise than before, while still maintaining a slight air of naïveté to boot. Compared to the days when i'd be mewling like a kitty cat, i can now ROAR with abandon...hahaha. (and coincidentally, it is the year of the Tiger too.)

Physically, i'm glad to say i'm getting healthier day by day too. The injuries are (very) slowly recovering, and although there will be some residual pain, i am learning to get them under control. Doing stuff i enjoy doing helps as well. Weight loss has helped to lessen the impact and pain, plus looking good does make me feel good too ;)

Coming back to the point, yes i have "evolved" in some areas of my life, some by choice, others by necessity, but they occur to improve my life, that's for sure. In other parts, i know who i am, and years have simply added age, wisdom, and strength (of will, body, mind) to me. Definitely no (or very little) regrets...and to quote one of my favourite songs, my best days are ahead of me. Amen to that! So, while being dissimilar to the younger version of myself, i do notice the similarities between my current version and my siblings & parents. For better or for worse. :P So there, objects in the rear view mirror can be deceptive. My true essence is retained, but with a new veneer to suit my stature and stage in life.

To everyone who has entered/left/remained in my life, THANK YOU for enriching me. I do hope that it was a 2 way enrichment process, and that good memories linger while the bad ones are forgotten/forgiven. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad.

Before i end, let me leave you with lyrics of Carrie Underwood's "So Small" - another one of my favourite inspirational songs (and it was covered by Matt Giraud in Season 8 of American Idol). Till the next time, adios!

VERSE 1:
What you got if you ain't got love
The kind that you just wanna give away
It's okay to open up
Go ahead and let the light shine through
I know it's hard on a rainy day
You wanna shut the world out
And just be left alone
But don't run out on your faith

Chorus:
Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
What you've been out there searching for forever,
Is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters, after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

VERSE 2:
It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big, at the time
It's like a river that's so wide
It swallows you whole
While you're sittin round thinking about what you can't change
And worryin' about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count, cause you can't get it back

1 comment:

  1. Time is a fabulous tool and how people use it to turn their life around is entirely on their hands. Good to see that you have used it wisely. Hope it will continue to be in your favour.

    ReplyDelete